Solution Engineer (m/f/x)
Crate.io are the developers of CrateDB, a global multi-model database, that enables companies to access data insights at scale. The flexible, distributed database solution combines the performance of NoSQL with the power and simplicity of standard SQL. Optimized for large data volumes with high compute and data versatility requirements, CrateDB runs in the cloud, on the edge and on-premise.
We are a VC and corporate funded global technology company, recognized as cutting edge by both Forbes and Gartner. Crate.io is well funded with $14M+ capital raised in our latest financing round in 2021. We are gearing up for hyper-growth, with offices in the US, Germany, Switzerland and Austria.
About The Role
You will be working alongside our customer, solving their challenges, questions on architecture, performance, etc. You will be one of our experts on best practices in using CrateDB.
What You Get Out Of This Opportunity
- The ability to develop a high performing Product function and be instrumental in the future roadmap and direction of CrateDB and its Ecosystem
- Be part of our Customer Engineering team, grow aligned with the business needs
- Join a leading VC funded tech company from the pre-B stage through the exit
- Contribute demonstrable business impact to Crate’s growth
- Close interaction with Crate’s key customers, partners, and database users
- Be part of an open, collaborative culture with “Craties” from diverse backgrounds
What You’re Responsible For
- Advise customers and partners on architecture, solution design and implementation at any or all phases of the application lifecycle
- Analyse customer’s technical issues to find solutions, discover and report bugs, from all our support and community channels, where your coding abilities, communication skills, desire to solve complex problems and passion for big data will help you to succeed
- Work as part of a wider delivery team on proof of concepts and pilot projects
- Manage the relationship with 1st level support by maintaining re-usable support materials, monitoring performance of our support organisation and support process development of our customer support
- Be advocate for customer needs, cooperate closely with Product Management and Engineering
- Work closely with our support partner and our DevOps/SysAdmin team, Pre-Sales and Customer Engineers, our Implementation Partners in the EMEA region and our engineering teams
- Become part of our 24x7 Cloud Operations team
- Customer facing experience in technical support, engineering, consulting or related function (3 years+)
- Experience with Azure, AWS or other cloud platforms
- Knowledge of distributed systems and systems administration
- Ability to work independently
- Fluent in English, nice to have: German
- A plus: Familiarity with other up-to-date technologies and trends
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation
- Flexible working hours
- A variety of perks (e.g., financial allowances for public transportation, fitness, and education)
- Participation in our Employee Stock Options Plan
- The opportunity to become part of one of the most exciting startups in the IT scene
- (Winner of the 2021 IoT Evolution: Industrial IoT Product of the Year Award)
At Crate.io, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it and support it. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity!
Neue Remote Jobs,
wöchentlich per E-Mail.
Wir geben deine E-Mail-Adresse nicht weiter. Hier findest du unsere Datenschutzerklärung.