Software Developer - Cloud Platform Infrastructure (m/f/d)
At Jimdo, we’re big on small. Our mission is to unleash the power of self-employed small business owners and help them thrive. Small businesses are the backbone of the global economy, but they receive little support or recognition. We see them and are here to support them. Join us to help design intuitive tools that enable small businesses to solve complex problems.
We run at a steady pace to achieve what we aim for. We learn best by digging deep into data, staying curious , taking calculated risks and sometimes even falling down along the way. It’s the lessons we learn in the process that make us better problem-solvers for small business owners.
If you are motivated by our mission and excited to roll up your sleeves, experiment , learn from mistakes, and make a difference to small businesses around the world, we would love to get to know you.
Jimdo is a global company, and we are proud to work with people of 50+ nationalities working from 19 countries. We are happy to continue our journey and broaden the geographics of our presence.
We are happy to invite you to work from any location where you are eligible to work. All the local labour regulations will be applied (local currency, taxation, contractual terms, public holidays, etc.).
Wherever your working location will be, we will ensure you get proper onboarding and are fully equipped to become part of the team from day one.
As a result of a growing engineering organization and the necessity to support more diverse business and engineering needs, Jimdo is expanding our engineering teams that focus on engineering effectiveness.
The Platform Team is focused on building, maintaining and advancing our in-house platform that runs all Jimdo's systems. We bundle two decades of experience running high-traffic services in an opinionated platform that enables our engineering teams to build and operate reliable and scalable services. The team continuously advances the platform based on changing business and engineering needs and strives for close collaboration.
What You'll Do
- Help maintain and decommission our older Docker-based platform as we continue to migrate to new technology
- Work with engineers across the company to build new features on the platform that improve engineering effectiveness.
- Define and improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes.
- Approach problems analytically, considering the tradeoffs of different solutions
- Debug production issues across multiple services and stack levels in collaboration with various teams.
Technologies you'll use
What We Value
- The Platform Team runs like a sports team. Each engineer has to be able to trust and rely on their colleagues to be able to do their own job well.
- Intellectual humility and openness to learn are more important than being right.
- You have excellent problem-solving skills. You use a systematic and thorough approach. You think from the first principles. You have a bias for action.
- You enjoy and have at least four years of professional experience in a similar role.
Jimdo is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. This means that we don't discriminate based on race or ethnic origin, colour, the language(s) you speak, where you (or your parents) are from, or whether or not you consider yourself to have a disability. Neither will your age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, beliefs, or political opinions play a part in your application with us. We're a diverse team in many ways, and we love it that way.
Chung is looking forward to receiving your application.
Neue Remote Jobs,
wöchentlich per E-Mail.
Wir geben deine E-Mail-Adresse nicht weiter. Hier findest du unsere Datenschutzerklärung.