Site Reliability Engineer - Infrastructure (m/f/d)
At Jimdo, we’re big on small. Our mission is to unleash the power of self-employed small business owners and help them thrive. Small businesses are the backbone of the global economy, but they receive little support or recognition. We see them and are here to support them. Join us to help design intuitive tools that enable small businesses to solve complex problems.
We run at a steady pace to achieve what we aim for. We learn best by digging deep into data, staying curious, taking calculated risks, and sometimes even falling down along the way. It’s the lessons we learn in the process that make us better problem-solvers for small business owners.
If you are motivated by our mission and excited to roll up your sleeves, experiment, learn from mistakes, and make a difference to small businesses around the world, we would love to get to know you.
The Reliability Team is a group of experts in operating high-traffic systems. They consult and educate engineering across Jimdo to ensure high availability, scalable, and reliability. They strive for close collaboration between engineering teams to achieve maximum business value.
There is a platform team which is used by the product teams as the API and SRE is responsible for the infrastructure part beneath that to support engineering in those areas (provisioning, security, etc.)
We are a group of engineers that focus on engineering effectiveness.
Jimdo is a global company, and we are proud to work with people of 50+ nationalities working from 19 countries. We are happy to continue our journey and broaden the geographics of our presence.
We are happy to invite you to work from any location where you are eligible to work. All the local labour regulations will be applied (local currency, taxation, contractual terms, public holidays, etc.).
Wherever your working location will be, we will ensure you get proper onboarding and that you are fully equipped to become part of the team from day one.
What You'll Do
- Work closely with the engineering teams to define the best solutions.
- Own services such as Kafka, CDN, and distributed services like DNS. Be responsible for design, build and operate.
- Be responsible for the overall system’s health. Participate in On-call rotation. Incident management.
- Debug production issues across multiple services and levels of the stack.
- Educate and consult engineering teams on designing, building and operating maintainable, scalable, and reliable systems.
- Identify inefficiencies and drive solutions to remove them.
What We Value
- Jimdo's success is rooted in no small part in consequently using state-of-the-art cloud services. We are looking for engineers with a solid grasp of cloud technologies and a strong interest in distributed systems.
- More than 150 million users access our services every day. Our first and foremost duty is to ensure industry-leading uptime and as little impact as possible when things don't go as planned. You fit right in when you have worked in this environment and share the same values.
- A track record of diagnosing problems within complex systems
- You have excellent problem-solving skills. You use a systematic and thorough approach. You think from the first principles. You have a bias for action.
- Relevant industry experience is important.
Jimdo is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. This means that we don’t discriminate based on race or ethnic origin, colour, the language(s) you speak, where you (or your parents) are from, or whether or not you consider yourself to have a disability. Neither will your age, gender, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, religion, beliefs, or political opinions play a part in your application with us. We’re a diverse team in so many ways, and we love it that way.
Neue Remote Jobs,
wöchentlich per E-Mail.
Wir geben deine E-Mail-Adresse nicht weiter. Hier findest du unsere Datenschutzerklärung.