Senior Experience Designer UX/UI
Amazee Labs is a web agency based in Zurich and Cape Town delivering design, development, and maintenance of web solutions for a wide range of global clients and industries. From communication websites and corporate marketing and sales or community platforms. Our engineers provide a modern open source tech landscape to bring compelling experiences to live. Our mission is to bring a great user experience, engaging design, and high performance to everything we touch, and have fun doing it.
You’ll be working within a small yet experienced team of UX experts for medium sized to enterprise level clients from technology & engineering industries, and organisations for higher education and social impact.
What you’ll do:
- Lead and contribute to the creation of experience design strategies and systems within the Amazee Labs Experience Design team
- Identify user needs and motivations, interpret stakeholder challenges and define experiences
- Create a range of experience design deliverables, depending on the needs of the project
- Collaborate with people with different backgrounds, different ways of thinking, and different approaches, as part of multidisciplinary project teams
- Work with and consult clients, including workshops and presentations
Day to day responsibilities a Senior Experience Designer at Amazee Labs will include:
- Understanding our clients and their business needs profoundly and helping their business succeed through the application of your skills and knowledge
- User research and -interviews to determine customer needs
- Creating conceptual models, personas, user journeys, workflows and prototypes
- Following a content-first approach, develop competitive information architecture and content accessibility concepts
- Creating innovative user interface designs in response to requirements, user analyses, product innovation, technology, and business needs.
- Create flexible, coherent design systems and visual languages
- Undertake competitor research, expert reviews and audits
- Evaluate existing sites and systems in terms of their persuasiveness, emotional design, and usability
- Collaborate closely with engineers in an agile design and development workflow
- Present your work to external clients, articulate your design process and rationale
- Build and foster relationships with clients, ensuring their understanding of User Experience and the value of your role
What you’ll bring:
- 4 years+ experience in a user experience position and at least 6 years in UI design
- Ability to communicate fluently in both German and English
- Proven experience of delivering a wide range of UX deliverables on different types of projects, focussing on web platforms, designing new, innovative layouts and designs
- Passion for all aspects of design including conceptual thinking, typography, motion, copy, and imagery
- Understanding of web technologies
- Collaborative mindset and can work well with people across different departments, companies and locations
- Experience in running workshops with clients to understand the problem and generate solutions
Amazee Labs is dedicated to providing a work environment which gets the best out of everyone. We do this by maintaining a culture of trust and autonomy, supporting flexible working hours and home office/remote work, allowing you the freedom to manage your own time. Here’s some other things you can expect from us.
What we’ll bring:
- An open and trusting culture with a flat hierarchy and employee empowerment
- Flexible working hours, and time off in lieu for any extra hours worked
- 25 days annual leave a year
- 5 paid days off a year for conference attendance or education related commitments
- An annual education benefit of 1,500 CHF or equivalent to dedicate to your professional development (e.g. UX certifications, UX conferences)
- An annual wellbeing benefit of 500 CHF or equivalent to dedicate to your physical or mental health
- A full hardware setup provided when you start
- An annual tech budget of 500 CHF to spend on additional gear of your choice
- Annual UX team meet up (depending on Covid situation)
- Sweet, sweet Swag - Hoodies and other goodies
So what’s next?
Apply! Send us your CV and cover letter showcasing who you are, your skills and experience, and anything else you think we should know
Neue Remote Jobs,
wöchentlich per E-Mail.
Wir geben deine E-Mail-Adresse nicht weiter. Hier findest du unsere Datenschutzerklärung.