(Senior) Backend Developer / Engineer (gn) Ruby on Rails
At sofatutor, we believe children and young people achieve their learning goals best when they learn at their own pace and can access different learning media. For this purpose, our team has created a digital learning platform that makes individual learning possible anytime and anywhere. We offer students the opportunity to learn or review school material with the help of learning videos, practice problems, and worksheets and other features.
As (Senior) Backend Engineer / Developer (gn), you are responsible for the constant improvement and further development of our innovative online learning platform. In close cooperation with experts from Product and Tech you will implement the technical and didactic requirements of our learning platform safely, efficiently, sustainably and pragmatically.
You don’t live in Berlin? No problem, because you can do the job remotely and the application process takes place digitally as well. Please apply with a comprehensive application, including your salary expectations and your earliest possible starting date.
You can contribute your ideas right from the start, and you will be fully responsible for your areas after your onboarding. We will support you and let you pick up the threads where we currently stand. At sofatutor we also guarantee a transparent way of working, regular feedback, and the following additional benefits:
- A clear goal: Help students to cope better with school and have fun at the same time
- A working environment in which you plan your daily schedule together with your team
- Short and efficient decision-making processes that enable us to react quickly to new challenges
- Support in your professional development, e.g. through exchange among colleagues in our tech team, with a focus on optimization and Continuous Integration
- An open feedback culture with an enthusiastic team that meets up regularly and is always open to innovative ideas
- Team events and sports courses with your colleagues that offer an ideal balance to everyday (home) office, including bouldering, yoga and other sports
- Home office and flexible working hours catering to your individual work-life-balance
You will be part of one of our cross-functional teams and work on a Ruby on Rails framework. In cooperation with the other developers from your team, your focus will be on internal requests from different teams of the company. In detail you will do the following tasks:
- Developing and extending the platform functionality focussing on internal team requests
- Maintenance of existing code
- Ownership of specific areas depending on your preferences and our open topics
- Independent resource and work planning in exchange with Product Owner and Scrum Master
- Close cooperation with other developers in your cross-functional team
- Improvement of workflows and agile processes, our coding style guides and quality standards
You are an experienced and passionate Ruby on Rails developer, a team player and you enjoy working with agile methods in a growing work environment. These are further requirements of the position:
- 3 years+ of professional experience as a software developer
- You enjoy writing efficient Ruby code and have hands-on experience with a variety Ruby on Rails projects
- Experience with unit and integration tests
- Agile way of thinking, experience and fun working with agile methods, e.g. Scrum, Kanban
- You like working in a team and proactively support the achievement of your common product goals
- Your English is fluent and you like to exchange ideas with people from other departments to achieve the best results
Do all or most of these points apply to you and do the possibilities of digital learning excite you as much as us? Then you are the perfect candidate for us and we look forward to your application – even if you cannot meet all of our requirements yet!
Neue Remote Jobs,
wöchentlich per E-Mail.
Wir geben deine E-Mail-Adresse nicht weiter. Hier findest du unsere Datenschutzerklärung.