Data Scientist for Product (f/m/d)
What distinguishes us from other companies?
DeepL (formerly Linguee) was founded by developers and researchers. We focus on the development of new, exciting products, which is why we spend a lot of time actively researching the latest topics. We understand the challenges of developing new products and try to meet them with an agile and dynamic way of working. Our work culture is very open because we want our employees to feel comfortable. In our daily work we use modern technologies - not only to translate texts, but also to create the world's best dictionaries, and solve other language problems.
When we tell people about DeepL as an employer, reactions are overwhelmingly positive. Maybe it's because they have enjoyed our services, or maybe they just want to get on board with our quest to break down language barriers and facilitate communication.
We are constantly looking for outstanding employees! Currently, we offer remote work in Germany, the Netherlands, the UK and Poland. Whether you would like to work from home in one of these countries or from one of our offices in Cologne, London or Amsterdam: the choice is yours. No matter where you choose to work from, our way of working is designed to make you an essential part of the team.
What will you be doing at DeepL?
You will be part of the highly motivated team that runs DeepL's analytics platform. Our growing team is a cross-functional mix of Engineers, Data Analysts, Data Scientists and Product Owners working towards our common goal of leveraging our user data. Based on the vast amount of data that we gather from our more than 100 million users your role will focus on measuring and understanding the impact of our product on the user. For example you will analyse the performance of AB tests and Marketing campaigns or model and forecast retention and expected revenue of our users. For doing this job you will be heavily involved with our in-house analytics codebase which is based on Python and SQL. Through your work you will make a significant impact on our company goal of building the best possible translation experience and overcome language barriers.
- Designing user metrics for monitoring and decision making like retention, customer value or expected revenue
- Providing analyses for quantifying impact of new product features and AB Tests or marketing campaigns
- Carry out deep-dive business analysis to support long term decision-making and strategy
- Implement Python and SQL code for automating and scheduling the generation of metrics and analyses
- Make data and metrics accessible via Charts and Dashboards in Metabase
- Consult with teams from Product and Marketing to understand their mission, requirements and translate this into actionable insights
What we offer
- Data at scale from products used by more than 100 million people worldwide
- Our own analytics and experimentation platform - far beyond the limitations of standard web analytics platforms
- Interesting challenges: analytics and programming at the highest level
- A friendly, international, and highly committed team with a lot of trust and very short decision-making processes
- Meaningful work: We break down language barriers worldwide and bring different cultures closer together
- A comfortable office in Cologne, Berlin, London or Amsterdam or suitable equipment for your home office
- You have 2+ years professional experience as a Data Analyst or Data Scientist, ideally working with user data of a web product
- Solid knowledge of programming in Python which is our Data Science tool of choice. Mastery of SQL
- Well versed in statistics, in particular concepts in hypothesis testing or AB testing
- The ability to transmit information concisely and clearly - whether written, spoken or visually
- Fluent in English, which is our company language
Please make sure to send your application in English. We're looking forward to hearing from you!
Neue Remote Jobs,
wöchentlich per E-Mail.
Wir geben deine E-Mail-Adresse nicht weiter. Hier findest du unsere Datenschutzerklärung.