Applied NLP Engineer
As an Applied NLP Engineer, you will be applying cutting-edge NLP techniques to real-world problems. You will acquire deep insights into all NLP methods within Haystack like dense retrieval, Question Answering, generative Question Answering, Summarization, application of large Language Models (T0 or bigger), etc. You will use the deepset Cloud - our complementary SaaS product to streamline Haystack workflows - to transform customer data and satisfy their information needs. You will directly deliver value to customers and interact with our open source and product team to find the best solutions. Exemplary task: You will work together with data scientists from a leading aerospace corporation to enhance their search functionality for pilot manuals. For this, you will understand their data, test different methods (DPR, QA, TableQA) to search through this data, and design a workflow for expert annotators to further improve the models. You will continuously analyze the incoming labels, train models, and improve performance step by step to reach production targets.
We are an open source startup that empowers developers to build flexible and powerful semantic search systems to query all types of data using our Haystack framework. deepset is at the forefront of natural language processing (NLP) and we are on our way to becoming a standard for semantic search. Come join our team and work with tech experts on real-world cases, in a fast-paced and high-impact environment, and shape the NLP space together with us.
Life At Deepset
At deepset you will find an environment with equal opportunities to grow, share ideas, build relationships, and succeed. We believe every employee is important and generates a direct impact on our team’s success. We are certified by Flexa® Careers as a flexible employer, and our remote first culture is designed to provide work-life balance, autonomy, and flexibility. Our daily meetings, the quarterly in person "Re.Base", and the social events allow us to work with great synergy. We would like to invite you to visit our life page to learn more about our culture.
- Show customers how to search for or extract information with Haystack/deepset Cloud and grow the awareness within the customer's organisation
- Understand the customer's domain data, their use-case, needs, and processes to optimally solve their problem and improve Haystack/deepset cloud
- Being the outward face to the customer and communicating with them to define goals, timelines, and report results
- Rapid prototyping of cutting edge NLP methods
- Define and learn the skills to grow to an expert role or into a teamlead
- Intense desire to learn new skills
- 2+ years industry experience in applying data science methods to real world data
- University degree in Computer Science or comparable qualification
- Very good communication skills with customers and inward facing stakeholders
- Big plus: Having data science consulting experience and/or experience with data annotation, having experience in managing customer projects
- Remote-first: You can choose to work from home or any other workspace that suits you. We offer a home office budget for equipment and furniture, and we would be happy to sponsor a co-working spot.
- Grow: Personal and professional growth is important to us. We have a budget to learn and develop new skills, the chance to speak at conferences, and our team-favorite is the monthly “Hacky Friday”.
- Connect: We have a virtual office, a monthly social budget to reconnect virtually or in person, regular walk and talks with colleagues from other teams, and a flexible travel policy that enables you to meet colleagues in-person when needed.
- Re:base: Once every few months we meet in person. We believe it's great to still see each other occasionally in real life. We have good discussions, we do workshops, we brainstorm, we have lunches together, and we have fun. We cover travel expenses for sure.
- You are an owner: We offer every employee the opportunity to be enrolled in the employee stock option plan and own a part of the company.
- Personal time off: If you want to recharge and travel the world - there are 27 days of paid holidays.
- Choose your tech: Linux, Windows, or macOS? Laptop or PC? The choice is yours and we will provide what you need.
What Colleagues Say
- “As many others, I learned about deepset through the German Bert model. I`m proud to be part of a truly cutting-edge NLP company and excited to enable others to utilize our technology.” (Miriam, Applied NLP Engineer)
- "I`m very excited to be joining deepset, where I will get the chance to work with passionate, brilliant, and exceptionally generous colleagues using state-of-the-art NLP technologies. As a former academic linguist, I take great joy in working with people who are as passionate about language as I am, and I can`t imagine a better place to build a career in NLP engineering.” (Rob, Junior Applied NLP Engineer)
Neue Remote Jobs,
wöchentlich per E-Mail.
Wir geben deine E-Mail-Adresse nicht weiter. Hier findest du unsere Datenschutzerklärung.