(Senior) Python Backend Engineer (all genders)
The mission of Payla is to build the next generation Buy Now Pay Later platform for Payment Providers and Financial Institutions, allowing our customers to offer invoice and installment plans to meet the demand for fast & frictionless payments.
Along the way, we solve exciting challenges in risk management, payment type processing, and accounts receivable management, all while delivering a superior customer experience.
So, if you're passionate about being in the center of something new and exciting, and love to work collaboratively on the Payla vision with us, don’t look any further; you can do so as our (Senior) Python Backend Engineer (all genders)!
This position is – in the spirit of Payla – remote first.
What you will do:
- You will craft code and APIs for our core engine based on Django, as well as connect internal and external services
- You will write high-quality code that is well-structured and scalable
- You enjoy working in an agile team setting (currently Kanban)
- You will deploy the code you wrote and check how it performs with actual users at scale
- You proactively improve our existing code base
- You will create awesome code reviews to your colleagues
- You do not forget about unit, integration, as well as end-to-end tests (where appropriate) to catch potential bugs as early as possible
- You will contribute your own ideas to make our core engine even more sophisticated
What you will bring to the team:
- You have a bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field (or good arguments, why this was a waste of time)
- You have at least two years of experience as a Python engineer or in a similar role
- You are comfortable working with Python and Django
- You know how to build and operate containerized applications in the cloud
- You have a weakness for clear naming and Python’s Typing module because you know that code is written once but read many times
- Having knowledge in AWS, Kubernetes, and DevOps principles is a plus
- You are a team player with a caring personality
What Payla offers:
- Team: An encouraging, passionate and supportive team environment
- Flexibility: We will create a professional work environment for you at your remote location
- Freedom: Select your hardware and operating system
- Vacation: 30 days paid per year
- Start-up Spirit: Exciting challenges from Day 1 with focus on results, mixed with less hierarchy and less meetings (as well as less bullshit-bingo)
Neue Remote Jobs,
wöchentlich per E-Mail.
Wir geben deine E-Mail-Adresse nicht weiter. Hier findest du unsere Datenschutzerklärung.