Remote Director of Performance Marketing
About The Role
This ad goes out to those who are passionate about Performance Marketing, wanting to have an impact and believe in the power of ideas for personal growth and broader perspectives! We want to take Blinkist to the next level on our journey to become the world’s leading bite-sized edutainment service that feeds curious minds with powerful ideas. This is where you come in. As Director of Performance Marketing, you will set Blinkist's long-term growth and acquisition strategies across paid channels to help us scale and get more customers excited about our product.
Check out the interview process for this position here: https://jobs.blinkist.com/phg 🚀
What You Will Do
- Scale our Performance Marketing engine to get more customers worldwide excited about Blinkist and deliver growth at efficient ROIs.
- You own and steer the 8-digit annual Performance Marketing budget across our key channels (Paid Social, Paid Content, Search & Display, Affiliate, Influencers & more).
- You run the marketing lifecycle, including planning, budgeting, operating and reporting.
- You will lead the evolution of our paid acquisition engine, instilling best practices and amazing technology.
- You come up with proactive ideas and recommendations for new high impact projects, then execute flawlessly on them.
- You’re building a deep understanding of our customers and their needs to refine our Performance Marketing communication.
- You will work closely together with other stakeholders, such as Brand & Creative, CRM, Product, Content, BI and external agencies.
- You provide thought leadership, strategic insight, and clear communication (written and verbal) to your team and the organization on the company’s growth strategy.
- You lead, hire and develop a team of experts with extensive experience in their field (10 FTE). You nurture a culture of open feedback and encourage your team members to come up with proactive ideas and to take on additional responsibilities.
What You Need To Have
- 8+ years of professional experience in performance marketing, 4+ years in a leadership role.
- Proven track record of growing revenue at scale via performance marketing.
- Management experience for all relevant Performance MKT channels mentioned above (for web and mobile) and own expertise in at least 1-2 of the channels.
- Experience managing paid marketing budgets larger than $10M.
- An analytical mastermind and know how to quantitatively assess and optimize campaigns and growth initiatives across channels.
- Proficiency in Excel, basic statistics and SQL knowledge are a must.
- Empathetic and energizing leadership style: you know how to set up your team for joint success and can provide the right balance of strategic guidance and empowerment.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills, you know how to set up efficient processes and have a collaborative approach for working with internal and external partners.
- Effective communication with fluent English language skills (German is a plus)
- Proactive mindset, hands on mentality and a passion for the Blinkist product.
- Ideally, you have profound knowledge regarding one of our top two markets (US and DE)
Our unique culture of empowerment, mutual respect, and transparency has always been our defining characteristic. We support each other and carve out opportunities for every individual to develop and grow. We strongly believe that diversity powers innovation, thus we celebrate and support our differences, providing equal opportunities for employment and career growth. We embrace a flexible, remote-friendly way of working that supports different needs and lifestyles.
🌟 We are proud to have been selected by LinkedIn as one of the Top 25 Startups in Germany. Glassdoor and Kununu ratings put us amongst Berlin’s top three employers.
These are some of our most valued benefits:
- 30 vacation days + local public holidays in your place of work
- Virtual stock options plan
- Quarterly days of learning and wellbeing
- An extra day off for you birthday
- Unlimited home-office with a monthly workspace allowance
- Learning & development budget
- Coaching budget for minorities and mothers returning from their leave
- Physical and mental health support through various partners
- Relocation and visa support for Germany
If you choose to join our team in Berlin, you'll have access to our modern office space in Neukölln and enjoy healthy plant-based meals prepared fresh every day by our very own chef. 🥑
If we’ve captured your interest and you want to take part in changing the world through the power of ideas – apply now and tell us what got you excited about this opportunity.
We look forward to hearing from you! ☀️
🔎 Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalised folks tend to only apply when they check every box. If you think you have what it takes, even if you don't meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We’d love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
Neue Home Office Jobs in Deutschland,
wöchentlich per E-Mail.
Wir geben deine E-Mail-Adresse nicht weiter. Hier findest du unsere Datenschutzerklärung.